Day 2 Day Dads
Facilitate workshops at multiple sites in the target areas to provide participants with age-appropriate evidence based curricula training:
- Inside Out Dad for incarcerated and formally incarcerated fathers.
- 24/7 Dad for fathers in the community.
- Love Notes for all 16-24 year old participants.
- Strengthening Families Program for fathers and their families
Also provide important information about:
- Domestic and family violence
- Intimate partner/teen dating violence
- Child abuse and neglect including what it is and its impact; recognizing signs of abuse; and how to report and/or get help.
- Provide participants with information on resources in the community and prevention materials
- Ensure participants know how to contact Domestic Violence and Child Abuse and Neglect hotlines
- Make service referrals to our partners/other agencies for counseling or other support services
Alliance Behavioral Health
Alliance Behavioral Health is committed to Improve the health and well being of the people they serve by ensuring highly effective, community based support and care. Supporting Alliance’s vision to be the leader in transforming the delivery of whole person care in the public sector.
Services Included: Mental Health, Developmental Disability, Substance Abuse Service, Alliance Crisis and Assessment Centers.
North Carolina Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities
North Carolina Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities focuses its efforts in Research and Data, Culture and Language, Policy and Legislation, Partnership Development, and Advocacy. These areas follow the mission to promote and advocate for the elimination of health disparities among all racial, ethnic minorities, and other under served populations in North Carolina.
Services Include: Capacity Building and Training and Capacity and Infrastructure Development.
Lincoln Community Health
Located at 1301 Fayetteville St. in Durham, North Carolina, Lincoln Community Health Center has made providing comprehensive primary and preventative health care in a courteous, professional, and personalized manner a priority. The facility has been providing services to the Durham community since mid-September 1971. The Center is committed to collaborating with other institutions dedicated to the continuous improvement in services being provided to decrease health disparities, while assuring access to all.
Community Health Coalition
The Health Coalition brings together and focuses existing community resources to provide culturally sensitive and specific health education, promotion and disease prevention activities to and in Durham's African-American community.
Health Fairs are provided by nurses and educators focusing on preventative health. The Organ/Tissue Donation Project, Saturday Community Empowerment Clinics and Free health clinic services encompass the the coalitions goal of improving the health of Durham residents.
Durham County Public Health
As part of Durham County and the city of Durham's strategic plan health is a main priority. The goal is to have Durham residents fight obesity and chronic diseases. Currently Durham county provides health resources for tobacco prevention, immunizations and sexually transmitted diseases. The current Men's Health Advisory Forum focuses on issues specific to men of color.