The Power to Make a Difference
The Durham Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Incorporated was founded on October 9, 1945 and has a rich history. Durham was the sixth chapter founded within the organization and the first chartered in the Mid‐Atlantic Region.
This year a scholarship will be awarded to promote the National Theme: “The Power to Make a Difference” and to support an aspiring African American male leader. Candidates will be evaluated by a committee based on their academic achievement, evidence of community service, leadership qualities, need and the strength of the essay response.
Ideal candidates are:
- An African American male
- A resident of Durham, Orange or Chatham county
- A leader actively engaged in civic, community and/or philanthropic service to Durham,Orange and/or Chatham County schools and/or communities.
- A graduating senior that will be a first‐year undergraduate, who has been admitted and plans to enroll his first semester at a community college, college or university the Summer or Fall of 2017 (if you are awarded the scholarship, you will be required to provide us with a copy of your acceptance letter).
- Demonstrate a current high school GPA of 2.5 or higher (You will be required to submit a transcript to email@example.com).
- Not the child of an active, tenured or legacy mother of Jack and Jill of America,Incorporated or Jack and Jill of America Foundation (Parent or student).
- Able to attend the Durham Chapter’s “Big Hat and Bow Ties” event scheduled for April 30, 2017 where the actual award will be presented.
The deadline for the the application is February 20, 2017.
The email address to send application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Application: https://goo.gl/forms/97JTt4DhXbFT1TZl2
Mailing Address to send application/transcript:
Jack and Jill of America Inc-Durham Chapter
PO Box 2902
Durham NC 27705
Winning candidate will be notified of decision by April 1, 2017. The winner and/or family member will be required to attend our spring event, Big Hat and Bow Ties on Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. It is strongly encouraged that the winner attends.